Oct 15, 2009

Two Works in Progress

I haven't posted any paintings in a while so here are two that aren't quite done, works in progress.....

This first one is 9x15 on velour paper. This paper feels kind of like suede. I've only used it once before on "The Reader" but I am coming to love it! It is a totally different experience than the other surfaces I use. You have to layer the color, you can't really mix them together very well because of the way the surface holds the pigment. But I love the softness that results. And there is less pastel dust, which is always a good thing.


Leaf in a puddle

Snowbird
I just started this one. I used a photo that my sister took. This is also on the velour paper.
I don't know when I'll get back to it, but I like the way it's coming along. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the texture of the surface.

1 comment:

BluMoon said...

I love how you have captured the light in the leaf, I have not worked with velour paper but I love the texture. I like the angle of the bird I look forward to seeing it finished.