Nov 12, 2009

A Work in Progress....


This is about 3 hours into it. I was looking around for some photos of figures with musical instruments and remembered that these local musicians are friends of my son so I swiped a photo from their Face book pages. I loved the composition and the light. So far, I like how it's coming. I changed some things . The photo was taken in a recording studio so I left out the big mike hanging over them and the headphones and I darkened up the lighter, cluttered background. I started with the darks but I added other elements right away because I like to see how everything is working together and where the energy is going before getting too far into it. I put in a few highlights early on to help me visualize the whole thing.
I took this photo of the painting so far and put it on the computer and played around with it.....with the contrast, saturation, etc. I find that helps me figure out the next steps I'll take with a painting ....and it allows me to see it from a different perspective too.

I think I will download a couple of songs from their website to listen to while I finish painting it.....how cool is that?


No comments: