Aug 23, 2010

Accepting commissions

Even though my painting time is reduced , I'm still accepting commissions for portraits or "special places". Check out my website for prices and examples.

I enjoy doing portraits of people in poses that show a mood or a situation rather than just a formal straight on pose. Like "Reflection" in the previous post.....I think it tells more of a story and sets a mood.
Instead of painting random landscapes, I like to paint a memory that has special meaning to the recipient. I gifted "The Boys at Greenland Pond" to a good friend and neighbor. Our boys were best friends and spent many hours playing at Greenland Pond. I know it means much more to her than a random Cape Cod Landscape. So, keep that in mind when thinking about the type of painting you want .


No comments: