Jan 1, 2010

A New Year

Happy New Year!
I don't usually do resolutions, but I do like to look ahead and set new goals. I tend to do that any time of the year I feel like I need to refocus, but the beginning of a new year just seems like a great opportunity to reevaluate. One of my goals is to spend more time in the studio...that's kind of an ongoing goal, but I think I have to step up the effort to try to do some painting every day. There will be a lot of distractions coming up......getting ready for my son's wedding in June, to name one.
But, I want to focus on trying new techniques and find out what my 'style' is. I only began pastel painting this past March, and I think I've made a lot of progress.....but I want to experiment with more impressionistic styles and see if it's a good fit with me. I'm basically self taught and I want to continue to use the many resources out there online, in dvd's and books, to experiment. I love browsing through other artist's websites. I find it very inspiring.
So starting Monday, I'm putting pastel to paper again.....and they happen to be the new 96 piece Sennelier Paris pastel set that my hubby got me for Christmas...thanks honey!....
Drop by in a couple of weeks to see the new work!

No comments: