Jul 16, 2009

Mant's Landing in Brewster

We were at Mant's Landing Beach the other night. I was hoping to get some nice sunset shots, but as we approached about ten minutes before sunset, I noticed all the clouds and figured it wouldn't be much. Boy, was I wrong! As the sun peeked out from under the clouds as it made its descent, it lit up the sky and the water in fantastic colors! So I did get some nice shots and today I painted this.
The lighting is a little off in my photo of the painting but you get the idea. Mant's Landing Beach is the beach just east of Paine's Creek Beach.

Sunset at Mant's Landing Beach, Brewster
10x27

2 comments:

amysue said...

We have a summer place in Brewster and watch the sunset at Paine's or Mant's most nights! They can be spectacular!

Mlou said...

Then I've probably seen you there!
I think the sunsets with clouds are the best. Just when you think there won't be much of a display, the sun emerges and reflects off the clouds. The clouds seem to break the light up into all these fantastic colors!